California is a state in the United States of America that is known for its breathtaking beauty and variety. It’s home to world-class attractions like the Hollywood sign, Yosemite National Park, and Disneyland. There are also numerous reasons to visit California, from staying at luxury resorts to seeing farms growing red wine grapes or making surfboards.
In this blog, we’ll explore some of the top 10 things to do in California including: surfing, sightseeing, hiking and camping. With so many wonderful things to see and do in this state, it’s no wonder it has become one of America’s most visited states!
10 Things to Do in California
1. Hike to the Hollywood Sign
2. See the redwood trees in Muir Woods National Monument
3. Watch the entire Pixar movie “Inside Out”
4. Dance at a jazz club
5. Surf in Huntington Beach
6. Visit San Francisco’s Golden Gate Bridge
7. Watch a Dodgers game at Dodger Stadium
8. Go to Disneyland, California Adventure, or Disney’s California Adventure Park
9. Catch up on lost sleep at an Airbnb or AirBnb
Top 10 California Sightseeing
1. Yosemite National Park: An unforgettable way to experience the California outdoors.
2. Hollywood: Known for its iconic sign, Hollywood is a must-visit destination in Los Angeles.
3. Universal Studios Hollywood: The ultimate movie-going experience!
4. San Francisco: A city with a rich history and renowned attractions.
5. Disneyland: A vacation destination that anyone of any age can enjoy!
6. Muir Woods National Monument: One of the most popular destinations in Northern California, Muir Woods is home to redwoods and other native plants and animals!
7. Big Sur Coast Redwoods State Park: This coastal park is known for its world-famous redwoods, rugged coastlines, and cliffside overlooks
8. Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk: Hit the beach at this Southern California hotspot for a day filled with rides, games, arcades and more!
9. Monterey Bay Aquarium: Explore marine life at this spectacular aquarium which features over 18 million gallons of sea water!
Top 10 California Hiking Spots
1. Muir Woods National Monument
2. Pacific Coast Highway
3. Point Lobos State Reserve
4. Sierra Nevada Mountains
5. Big Sur Coastline
6. Yosemite National Park (at the southern end of the park) 7. Joshua Tree National Park 8. Mammoth Mountain Ski Resort 9. Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Parks 10. Joshua Tree Desert
Place to Camp in California
Camping is a great way to enjoy nature and it’s also an affordable vacation option.
There are plenty of options for camping in California, but some places are better than others. Luckily, we’ve put together this list of the top 10 best places to camp in California to help you decide where to stay!
-Redwood National Park: This national park is home to sequoias, which are incredibly tall trees that have been around for thousands of years. The park is also home to other natural phenomena like the world’s tallest living tree, General Sherman.
-Big Basin Redwoods State Park : This state park is located in beautiful central California and it’s considered one of the most beautiful parks in the country. There’s a wide variety of activities available at Big Basin including hiking and horseback riding–just be sure not to miss the old growth redwoods!
-Lassen Volcanic National Park: This national park has some truly amazing things for you to discover, like lava tubes, extinct fauna and a huge volcanic lake! Lassen Volcanic National Park was formed by lava flows from eruptions over 1 million years ago.
-Yosemite National Park: Yosemite is one of America’s
Top 10 Surfing Spots.
Catch a wave at one of the best surfing spots in California. The waters are perfect year-round and there are many places to surf around the state. Here are some of the top spots to get your surfing on:
1. Huntington Beach.
2. San Onofre State Beach Park in San Diego County, California
3. Torrey Pines State Natural Reserve, San Diego County, California
4. Santa Cruz and Monterey Peninsula Coastal Santa Cruz County, California
5. Pacific Ocean near Rincon Point, Orange County, California
6. Healdsburg Municipal Pier in Sonoma County, California
7. Depoe Bay Town Center in Oregon County, Oregon
8. Ventura Harbor and Breakwater in Ventura County, California
9. Half Moon Bay State Beach in San Mateo County, California
10. Newport Beach Boardwalk in Newport Beach City Marina District, Newport Beach City, Orange County